Naturally I get a lot of emails/comments and messages asking me to suggest a business idea for the sender to pursue.
Usually I can’t offer anything more useful than the suggestion that they read through all of Business Opportunities and Ideas. It’s not that I don’t want to help or that I’m short of business ideas, but because the person asking provides me with little to no information to go on. After all there’s no point me suggesting they start developing iPhone apps if they have not technical background or suggesting they become a driving instructor if they can not drive.
So if you want my help finding the right business idea for you here’s what you need to tell me:
- What are your skills (list all of them be they professional or otherwise)?
- What are your hobbies?
- What interests you professionally and personally?
- What job do you do, what have you done in the past and do you enjoy it?
- Where are you based? Your location will affect which business ideas are viable/relevant.
- What educational level do you have?
- What sex are you?
- How old (roughly) are you?
- What (rough) level of funding do you have?
- What have you always dreamed of doing?
You should also include as much other information about yourself as you can. Then and only then I might be able to help and by taking the time to write down the answers to these questions you might just find that the right business idea jumps out at you before you even get as far as emailing me.Email This Post